ROCKY HILL, CT (WFSB) -
Deke Haylon from Haylon's Market stopped by the studio Sunday to share his comfort food recipe for Brisket and Buttermilk Biscuits.
You can find the recipes below and visit Haylon's Market website for more information on them.
- 1-6# brisket
- 4 cloves garlic
- 12 oz. stout beer
- 4 celery
- 2/3 c dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c Tom paste
- 1/2 c red wine vinegar
- 1/3c soy sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1t paprika
- Combine all the above and cook on stove top for 4 hours
- 2c self rising flour
- 4t baking powder if not self rising
- 5 T butter (4T cut 1T melted)
- 1/4c cream cheese (good without)
- 3/4c buttermilk
- Combine all except buttermilk in mixer and mix till resembles cornmeal.
- Place ingredients in mixing bowl and gently mix and turn out on table.
- Form dough into 1" high round and cut with small biscuit cutter
- Bake 350 for 10 min. Or until top is browned a little.
Copyright 2015 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.