The fire that destroyed Heiner’s Auto Body Shop in Montville on Wednesday night has been ruled accidental.
The fire broke out at the facility, located on Route 32, at about 7:30 p.m.
Fire Marshal Ray Occhialini said the shop owner was removing gas from a truck when a spark from a droplight ignited the fuel.
The owner suffered burns on his face, and he was treated at William Backus Hospital and released.
Route 32 was shut down for a few hours on Wednesday as crews battled the fire.
Copyright 2015 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Route 32 in Montville was shut down on Wednesday evening as crews battled a structure fire.