Maria Sanchez from Sweet Maria's in Waterbury is back with some incredible cheesecake cupcakes! Sweet Maria’s bakery is known for its gourmet cakes, cupcakes and other baked goods. For more information head to 159 Manor Ave in Waterbury or visit her website.
What you'll need:
2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup chocolate chips, melted
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
What to do:
1. Make crust. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Mix until blended. Press crust into bottom of cupcake pans lined with paper liners. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
2. Make cheesecake. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth, about 10 to 15 minutes. Be sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. It is important that there are no lumps in the batter at this point.
3. Add eggs and yolks, and vanilla. Mix just until blended. Add heavy cream and melted chocolate. Mix until blended.
4. Scoop batter into prepared crusts. Fill each to the top of the cupcake liner.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until center is just about set.
6. Remove from the oven.
7. Cool completely. ( Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.) Carefully remove cheesecakes from the pan. Top with chocolate ganache or fresh fruit.
8. Make ganache. In a small pan over low heat, heat cream until just boiling. Pour over chocolate chips.Stir until smooth. Use a spoon or pastry bag to top cupcakes with ganache. Add fresh fruit, if desired.