The Corner Brunch is located at 105 River St in Milford. Click here to visit them online.
The Corner's Version Of California Benedict Yield's 4 Servings
Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients
4 egg yolks
1/2 Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Of Butter (1 Stick) Melted
Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Fill a Small saucepan 1/3 of the way with water and bring to a simmer.
- In a stainless steel bowl (It must be larger than the saucepan so that it will sit easily on top of the pan creating a double boiler) whisk egg yolks until they've doubled in size.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into egg yolks. Use a cheesecloth to help keep out the lemon seeds.
-Place the bowl over the saucepan continually whisking the mixture. Slowly add butter into the egg yolk mixture. Be sure not to boil the water rapidly in the bottom saucepan to prevent the eggs from actually scrambling.
-Remove bowl from the heat and season to taste. You can add a drop of milk if the sauce seems too thick.
-16 Pieces of cooked bacon
- 8 mini or 4 Large Croissants
- Rapidly Boil 4 cups of water in a saucepan. Once water is boiling carefully add 4 eggs into the water. Let them cook in the water for 3-4 minutes depending on how you prefer your eggs cooked. Use a slotted spoon to remove and drain eggs. Repeat with the remaining 4 eggs.
-Cut the croissants in half. Layer the croissants being on the bottom, then place 4 strips of bacon on each, next...1/2 of a sliced avocado over the bacon. Carefully place the poached eggs over the avocado and top with 3 tablespoons of Hollandaise sauce. Garnish with a spice of your preference....