Father accused of sparking Trumbull Amber Alert to face a judge - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Father accused of sparking Trumbull Amber Alert to face a judge

Posted: Updated:
Rodolfo Revello during a previous court appearance. (WFSB file photo) Rodolfo Revello during a previous court appearance. (WFSB file photo)
BRIDGEPORT, CT (WFSB) -

A man police said was behind an Amber Alert in Trumbull last month is scheduled to face a judge on Tuesday.

Rodolfo Revello, 43, is set to make an appearance in Bridgeport Superior Court.

Police said Revello attacked his wife then kidnapped his 7-year-old son on March 12.

The Amber Alert that followed lasted several hours and spurred a manhunt.

Prosecutors said Revello faces a slew of charges, including kidnapping, strangulation and assault.

According to an arrest warrant, it began at a home on Unity Drive.

"He then put his hands around her mouth and tried to pull her jaw off," the warrant said. "He then threw her on the bed and began choking her with his hands on her neck, she put her hands up to defend herself when he bit her left hand..."

Investigators said Revello's wife jumped out of her window and ran for help.

In the meantime, her teenage son grabbed a knife from Revello. That's when Revello fled with the 7-year-old boy, according to police.

The boy was eventually found unharmed later that night. He had been taken to family in Queens, NY.

During the investigation, police found that Revello's wife, who had a restraining order against him, described a history of abuse.

In the arrest warrant, her son said "this type of incident happens approximately once a week and the victim never reports it."

It also said that "the front door to the residence had just recently been replaced because of previous damage that was done by Revello in the last three weeks, from trying the same thing before."

Revello has not posted his $500,000 bond. If he does, police said he'll be forced to wear a GPS monitoring unit.

Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.