A reported fire prompted the evacuation of a school in Bristol Wednesday morning.
According to Superintendent Ellen W. Solek, students and staff were evacuated from the Stafford School on Louisiana Avenue.
Everyone got out safely and the fire has been put out.
The fire was started after a short circuit in electrical panel in the gym area, the fire department said. An unidentified janitor was able to knock down the fire quickly with a fire extinguisher.
There was a lot of smoke from the shortage, but fire was extinguished before firefighters arrived on scene.
After a check of the building, students and staff were re-entering the building as of 10:40 a.m., Solek said.
The fire remains under investigation.
Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.