Channel 3 partners with Susan G. Komen and the Race for the Cure - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Channel 3 partners with Susan G. Komen and the Race for the Cure again

Posted: Updated:
ROCKY HILL, CT (WFSB) -

WFSB Channel 3 is proud to continue their partnership with Susan G. Komen Southern New England and the Race for the Cure Greater Hartford.

This year’s Race for the Cure Greater Hartford will take place on June 4 at Bushnell Park in Hartford.

WFSB personalities Scot Haney and Irene O’Connor will, once again, co-emcee this great event.

According to the Susan G. Komen Southern New England website, the “Race for the Cure is a 5K run and walk open to participants of all ages.” Also described as a “life-changing experience”, the race helps to bring thousands together each year to walk as one to help raise money for a cure.

Susan G. Komen Southern New England is committed to “keeping it local” with 75 percent of the funds raised staying in Connecticut while the remaining 25 percent is invested into research. Local funds are used to help with education, screening and treatment programs across the state.

Those interested in registering to walk or making a donation can click here.

Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.