The Connecticut Department of Public Health confirmed the second case of Zika in Connecticut.
DPH officials said the patient is a Connecticut resident, who tested positive for the virus. The results were confirmed by a New York City lab.
The man had recently returned from a trip to the Caribbean, DPH officials said. The man, whose name was not released, was staying in a Zika-affected area.
DPH officials said this man "became ill with a rash one day after his return," but showed "no other symptoms" were reported to authorities.
The first case of Zika virus in the state has been detected in March. That patient is between 60 and 69 years old and traveled to a Zika-affected area and had onset of illness on the day the patient returned in March.
Gov. Dannel Malloy said he is encouraging "those concerned about symptoms to consult their doctor," if they have traveled to a Zika-affected area.
"We have been actively taking steps for months to prepare for a positive case, including expedited testing and a coordinated response across agencies. While the risk of transmission is low, we are nevertheless no doubt continuing that preparation to the extent that we can," Malloy said in a statement on Friday.
So far 220 patients have been tested for the virus in Connecticut.
To read more on the latest incident of Zika, click here.
Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.