Hot water heater causes electrical fire at Manchester PetSmart - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Hot water heater causes electrical fire at Manchester PetSmart

Posted: Updated:
MANCHESTER, CT (WFSB) -

A hot water heater at a Manchester PetSmart caused an electrical fire on Wednesday morning.

Fire crews were called to the store at 1520 Pleasant Valley Rd. during the 9 a.m. hour.

One firefighter was taken to Manchester Hospital for dehydration.

Pets that were in the veterinarian area of the store were evacuated and sent to a local veterinarian office.

No animals were injured and the store remained open.

The veterinarian area was closed and little smoke damage to the store was reported.

Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.