Sweet Maria's is here to show us how to make the perfect oatmeal cookie just in time for Oatmeal Cookie Day on Saturday. To learn more about Sweet Maria's, click here.
Sweet Maria’s Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These cookie are moist and chewy. Be sure not to over-bake. You can add chocolate chips or walnuts if you like!
1/2 pound ( 2 sticks ) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. In the bowl of a standing mixer ( or with a hand held mixer) cream butter and both sugars on medium high speed until light.
3. Add eggs and molasses. Mix until well blended.
4. On low speed, add flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and oats. Mix just until blended. Add raisins, Mix well.
5. Chill dough for 15 to 20 minutes. ( can be made 2 days in advance).
6. Spoon dough out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, spacing each 2 inches apart.
7. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
8. Remove from the oven.
9. Cool cookies on wire cooling rack.
10. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Makes about 40 2-inch cookies.