Chef Tracey Medeiros stopped by to show us how to make her delicious blueberry sour Cream Coffee Cake.
The cake is one of many recipes in Medeiros' cookbook the Connecticut Farm Table Cookbook.
The recipe is originally from the Rose Berry Farm, which has a long history with the area.
"Teresa Scaglia Rose, one of Rose's Berry Farm's original owners, was an avid baker. This coffee cake was one of her favorites, and we are thrilled to be able to share it with anyone who loves blueberries and much as we do," said Rose.
We've listed the recipe below:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups plus 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8 x 11-inch baking dish and set aside.
2. To make the topping: In a medium-size bowl, combine the brown sugar, nuts, and cinnamon and set aside.
3. To make the cake: In a medium-size bowl, combine the blueberries with 1 1/2 teaspoons of flour, set aside. In a separate medium-size bowl, sift together the remaining 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, in a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the granulated sugar and beat until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and the sour cream, and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed and beating until just smooth. Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in the blueberries. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle half of the topping evenly on top. Repeat with the remaining batter and topping. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
5. Let the cake cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Cut into squares, dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve.
Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.