Woman suffers burns and smoke inhalations from house fire - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Woman suffers burns and smoke inhalations from house fire

Posted: Updated:
New Britain House Fire New Britain House Fire
NEW BRITAIN, CT (WFSB) -

One woman was taken to Bridgeport Hospital after she suffered smoke inhalation and burns to her body after a fire broke out in her second floor bedroom at 163 Miller St. in New Britain on Saturday.

Crews responded to a house fire at 1:30p.m. The fire was knocked out at approximately 1:45p.m., firefighters said.

Firefighters rescued the woman and lone occupant of the house. The only other occupant of the building was not present at the time of the fire.

The American Red Cross is providing assistance to both residents.

Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.