Electrical fire broke out at Big Y in Avon on Monday - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Electrical fire broke out at Big Y in Avon on Monday

Posted: Updated:
(WFSB) (WFSB)
AVON, CT (WFSB) -

On Monday, an electrical fire broke out at the Big Y Market on West Main Street in Avon.

As a result of the fire, crews had to bring in portable generators to make sure food requiring refrigeration wouldn’t spoil.

The generators were also needed so that the store could stay open.

In a press release, officials said the generators will be needed while the electrical service is repaired.

Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.