Leaky stove prompts evacuation of New Haven Vietnamese restauran - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Leaky stove prompts evacuation of New Haven Vietnamese restaurant

Posted: Updated:
(WFSB photo) (WFSB photo)
(WFSB photo) (WFSB photo)
(WFSB photo) (WFSB photo)
NEW HAVEN, CT (WFSB) -

The New Haven Fire Department said it responded to a gas emergency on Wednesday morning.

Several crews responded to 66 Orange St., which is the location of a Vietnamese restaurant.

They determined that a gas odor was coming from a leak on a stove from inside the restaurant.

Between 50 and 75 people were evacuated, according to officials at the scene.

The area is located right near Orange Street's intersection with Crown Street.

Police warned drivers to avoid the area.

Police said the road was reopening to traffic and pedestrians around noon.

Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.