Mom speaks out after child received inappropriate texts from sch - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Exclusive

Mom speaks out after child received inappropriate texts from school administrator

Posted: Updated:
Eduardo Genao (Hartford Police Department) Eduardo Genao (Hartford Police Department)
HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) -

A Hartford school administrator faced a judge on Wednesday after being accused of sending sexually explicit texts to a 13-year-old girl.

The victim’s mother spoke exclusively with Eyewitness News, and she said she feels the school district dropped the ball.

She said Eduardo Genao’s work history shows a man who had been accused of inappropriate behavior in the past.

She said the district did not heed warnings and now she is suing the school system, and said Genao should have to pay for his actions.

On Wednesday, Genao entered a plea of not guilty, which comes nearly six months after he was accused of sending the text messages.

Tricia Lindsay, the alleged victim’s mother, said she took the complaints to a well-known human rights activist who tried to alert school officials, but claims the warnings were ignored.

"All the lewd acts he wanted her to do, and all the inappropriate things he wanted her to perform,” Lindsay said.

Genao’s personnel records obtained by Eyewitness News reveal he had been reprimanded for inappropriate and unprofessional conduct with a student during his tenure with the school system.

The teen’s mother is suing the district for “inflicting emotional distress and trauma” on her daughter, saying they knew or should have known they had a problem person working for them.

"The moment he was hired in Hartford and that incident happened with that other young lady, he should have been let go,” Lindsay said.

Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.