Here's a recipe for Chilled Corn Veloute as prepared by Chef Ben Dubow of Community Catering by MACCChiefs.
YIELD 4-6 servings, ACTIVE TIME 15 min, TOTAL TIME 60 min, CATEGORIES soups
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 2 qts water
- 1 cup good quality olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
Mise En Place
- Husk the corn and discard husks & silk.
- Using chef knife, remove kernels from cob and reserve.
- Break cobs in half and add to a sauce pan, cover with water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer. Allow to simmer 30-40 minutes.
- Spread corn kernels on sheet pan and drizzle with a little olive oil. Season with pinch of salt. Roast in 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- In highpowered blender, add corn and 1 cup of corn stock. Turn blender on low and slowly turn to highest setting. Drizzle in olive oil, until soup is smooth and creamy. (Add additional stock if needed). If you need to, work in batches so that the blender doesn't overflow.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.
Serve soup chilled. Garnish with chive oil, red pepper coulis & truffle popcorn. Can also add poached lobster or crab for decadent appetizer.
Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.