West Haven High School was evacuated on Thursday morning, due to a small gas leak.
Police said students and staff at school, located at 1 Mcdonough Plz, were evacuated because there was a small leak outside of the building. People inside the building reported smelling the odor of gas.
The gas company was called to the scene, but by 11 a.m., the crews had cleared the scene. Students were let back in the building around that same time.
Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.