Large fire burns trailers at Stafford campground - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Large fire burns trailers at Stafford campground

Posted: Updated:
Not much is left after a fire ripped through the Sun Valley Campground on Sunday night  (WFSB) Not much is left after a fire ripped through the Sun Valley Campground on Sunday night (WFSB)
Four camping trailers burned at the Sun Valley Beach Club in Stafford Springs. (WFSB photo) Four camping trailers burned at the Sun Valley Beach Club in Stafford Springs. (WFSB photo)
(WFSB photo) (WFSB photo)
  • Large fire burns trailers at Stafford campgroundMore>>

  • Mobile home fire under investigation

    Mobile home fire under investigation

    Thursday, August 4 2016 6:13 AM EDT2016-08-04 10:13:46 GMT

    A fire burned through a mobile home early this morning in Stafford.  According to emergency officials, firefighters from Stafford responded to the Sun Valley Campground around 1:47 a.m. 

    More >

    A fire burned through a mobile home early this morning in Stafford.  According to emergency officials, firefighters from Stafford responded to the Sun Valley Campground around 1:47 a.m. 

    More >
STAFFORD SPRINGS, CT (WFSB) -

Investigators are looking into what sparked a fire that engulfed four campers late Sunday night in Stafford Springs. 

According to fire officials, the fire broke out shortly before 11 p.m. deep in the woods at Sun Valley Resort on Old Springfield Road. 

It is a camp site used year-round next to Sun Valley Lake.

According to Tolland County dispatchers, crews were called to two large brush fires that engulfed four trailers. The fires were in a wooded area of the camp.

The fire was brought under control, but crews said extensive cleanup will be needed.

No injuries were reported. 

People were still being let in and out of the camp.

Connecticut State Police said they were still guarding the site early Monday morning as the state fire marshal investigates what sparked the fire.

This is not the first time crews have been called to the Sun Valley Campground. In August, a fire destroyed a mobile home.

Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.