A Westbrook laundromat was heavily damage by a fire on Wednesday afternoon.
Route 1 in Westbrook was shut down in both directions as crews battled the fire, which was reported at about 2 p.m. It has since reopened.
The fire broke out at Jet Laundrette, initially in a clothes dryer. Someone tried to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher, but it wasn't enough.
Lack of manpower to fight the fire, combined with freezing wind-whipped winds, made the fire a difficult one to attack.
Ice also built up, causing hazardous conditions for firefighters.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.