Preschool students were moved to a nearby state building after a gas leak in Hartford on Monday morning.
According to Capital Police, a construction crew was working on Broad Street around 9 a.m. The crew struck a gas pipe.
As a precaution, students from the nearby Capitol Child Development Center were evacuated to the Legislative Office Building, police said.
The leak has been plugged and police said the incident is under control.
Copyright 2017 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.