Cat, dog die after house fire in Southington - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Cat, dog die after house fire in Southington

Posted: Updated:
Pets were pulled from a house fire on Todd Road in Southington. (Gary Saucier/iWitness photo) Pets were pulled from a house fire on Todd Road in Southington. (Gary Saucier/iWitness photo)
SOUTHINGTON, CT (WFSB) -

A dog and cat died after firefighters pulled them from a burning home in Southington on Friday morning.

A dog and a cat were pulled from the home on Todd Road around 9 a.m.. 

No people were home at the time. Lieutenant Anthony Esteves was returning to the station from another call when he was dispatched to his own home where a fire started in the kitchen.

The pets were brought to a local veterinarian for treatment but later died from injuries suffered in the fire. 

Todd Road was closed at Norton Street for the investigation. 

There's no word on a cause for the fire.

Copyright 2017 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.