A worker at a metal plating company in New Haven was hospitalized after experiencing a chemical burn on the arm.
According to Rick Fontana, New Haven's director of emergency management, it happened at Assa Abloy company on Sargeant Drive Tuesday morning.
The worker suffered a small sulfuric acid burn, Fontana said.
After being decontaminated, the worker was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital for evaluation.
Firefighters responded to the scene and utilized it as training, according to Fontana.
Copyright 2017 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.