Lamb sliders with Harissa ketchup, minted yogurt and piparras peppers
From Chef Frederic Kieffer
For the lamb or beef sliders:
3 lbs of fresh ground lamb or beef
1 medium white onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of ground cumin seeds
Combine the ground meat with the grated onion, chopped garlic, chopped parsley and ground cumin. Shape into 2 oz patties.
For the Harissa glaze:
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 tbsp Harissa paste (middle east chili paste) or 2 tbsp of shriracha
Combine all the ingredients, simmer for 10 minutes, cool at room temperature
For the minted yogurt:
8 oz of Greek yogurt
1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded and grated.
1/4 bunch of chopped fresh mint
1/4 bunch of chopped fresh parsley
- Peel, seed and grate the cucumber using the largest setting of a grating box.
- Season the cucumber with salt and place them on a perforated pan or strainer so the water can drip, for about 30 minutes. Fold the cucumber, chopped herbs into the yogurt then season with salt and pepper, but be aware the cucumber will already bring salt to the mix.
- Spear the pickled piparras pepper on a skewer, this can be substitute with a pickle of your choice.
- Cut open the mini buns or brioche.
- Season the sliders with salt and pepper and grill them to temperature.
- Lightly grill the mini buns
- Place a small spoon of the minted yogurt in the bottom buns
- Place the grilled sliders then top them with a teaspoon of the Harissa glaze.
- Close the sliders with the top of the bun then spear in the center the Piparras skewers