Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
From Registered Dietitians: Carrie Taylor and Andrea Luttrell (Big Y)
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
8 fresh sage leaves
1 small sprig fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons dry white wine
½ cup chicken broth
1 cup 100% pumpkin puree
2/3 cup evaporated milk
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes.
2. Add garlic, sage and rosemary. Cook, stirring frequently, about 30 seconds.
3. Stir in wine, cook 2 minutes or until reduced slightly.
4. Stir in broth, cook for additional 3 to 4 minutes. With tongs, carefully remove and discard herbs.
5. Stir in pumpkin and evaporated milk. Heat through but do not boil.
6. Stir in cheeses until melted. Remove from heat and season with pepper. Serve with favorite cooked pasta.