Poached Shrimp with Garlic Lemongrass Cream
Recipe developed by Chef Roc®
24 - 16/20 size Marina Del Rey Wild Caught Argentinian Shrimp
4 - White Lion Tea - White Pomegranate Tea & 2 cups water
Garlic Lemongrass Cream
2 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup Maui onion
4 cloves minced garlic
1 heavy whipping cream
2 Lemongrass Stalks (bruised and sliced on bias)
Hawaiian Salt to taste
minced chive for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, bring heavy cream and sliced lemongrass to a simmer until reduced by 1/3rd take off heat and set aside
( keep an eye on the cream if it starts to boil over reduce heat )
2. In separate pan caramelize onions in butter and garlic add lemongrass infused cream and reduce till it coats the back of a spoon (nappe).
3. Take off heat and season with sea salt (preferably Hawaiian) and strain into a bowl and hold for service.
4. Bring water to a boil in a medium size pot. Turn down to a simmer and add tea bags to steep.
5. Place in shrimp and poach for 1 minute.
6. Drain shrimp and serve over couscous.
7. Lace sauce over shrimp.
8. Garnish with chopped chives.