Four Milford students sent to hospital after being overcome by h - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Four Milford students sent to hospital after being overcome by heat

Posted: Updated:
Four students were taken to area hospitals for a heating issue on Monday (DoingItLocal.com) Four students were taken to area hospitals for a heating issue on Monday (DoingItLocal.com)
MILFORD, CT (WFSB) -

Four students in Milford were taken to the hospital on Monday after they fainted during a chorus practice.

Fire officials said about 200 students were in the auditorium at Foran High School when one student became overcome by heat.

"It is believed the students fell ill due to overheating while standing on risers under the stage lights," school officials said in a press release. 

Several students complained about not feeling well, but officials said only four were taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Channel 3 was told the students are expected to be okay.

Copyright 2018 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.