Chick-fil-A restaurants in Greater Hartford hold fundraiser for families of fallen Bristol officers
(WFSB) – Chick-fil-A restaurants in Greater Hartford are holding a fundraiser to help support the families of fallen Bristol Police Lt. Dustin DeMonte and Sgt. Alex Hamzy.
The fundraiser is held at participating restaurants on Tuesday, Nov. 1.
“Obviously we want to honor and respect those families that lost loved one so I reached out to the other eight local owner operators, everyone just poured in with support so we said, let’s do this together,” said Mike Hartman, local restaurant Operator of Chick-fil-A Southington.
Restaurants will be donating a portion of their proceeds to the Bristol Police Heroes Fund, Chick-fil-A said.
“Very happy, it’s a tragedy, I feel very sorry for the families and I’m happy to contribute to the police department and do whatever we can,” said Miles Winter of Watertown.
The fundraiser will be held at the following locations:
- Chick-fil-A Buckland Hills - 1428 Pleasant Valley Rd, Manchester, CT
- Chick-fil-A Chicopee - 501 Memorial Dr, Chicopee, MA
- Chick-fil-A Enfield - 25 Hazard Ave25 Hazard Ave, Enfield, CT
- Chick-fil-A Glastonbury - 2941 Main St, Glastonbury, CT
- Chick-fil-A North Haven - 560 Universal Dr N, North Haven, CT
- Chick-fil-A Southington - 801 Queen St, Southington, CT
- Chick-fil-A Wallingford - 1098 N Colony Rd, Wallingford, CT
- Chick-fil-A West Hartford - 509 New Park Ave, West Hartford, CT
“I think it’s a great thing I got an email blast as well I saw that it was going on and I decided to swing by,” said John Creed of Tolland.
“Oh it makes me feel good. I hope it goes to all three families and not just two,” said Kelly Jones of Southington.
Copyright 2022 WFSB. All rights reserved.