Laura Grimmer from The Perfect Pear is showing us how to make a delicious and simple frittata! Be sure to check out Laura's website for more recipes, perfectpearct.com.
Easy Mushroom, Leek and Gruyère Frittata
Recipe Recipe provided by Laura Grimmer
10 large eggs, beaten in a large bowl
1-2 leeks, white part only, sliced lengthwise and sliced into ¼-inch half moons
1 pint mushrooms, sliced into ¼-inch slices
4 oz. Gruyère cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
2 T. unsalted butter or olive oil Herbs to taste (e.g., thyme, Herbes de Provence)
10- to 12-inch nonstick skillet
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs aggressively until foamy and smooth. Season with salt and white pepper.
3. In a nonstick skillet, melt 1 T. fat and sauté mushrooms until browned. Season with salt. Melt remaining tablespoon fat and sauté leeks on medium heat until softened and starting to turn golden.
4. Turn heat to low and pour eggs into skillet, stirring with a wooden spoon. Stir in herbs as desired. Sprinkle cheese cubes over top. Immediately transfer pan to the hot oven and cook until the eggs are firm and the middle of the frittata is still slightly jiggly, about 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, slide frittata out of pan onto a serving platter and cut into wedges to serve.
6. NOTE: Substitute other vegetables and cheese, e.g., Broccoli, Ham and Cheddar; Peppers, Tomato, Onion and Feta Cheese. You just want the meat, onions or vegetables cooked BEFORE they are put in the frittata