Neighbors, community reach out of victims of Vernon home explosion

(WFSB photo)

Vernon police determined the cause of an explosion that destroyed a home Thursday.

Officials said the explosion was caused by a propane leak.

They believe the leak came from a propane line that fed a dryer in the basement of the home.

Several people were seriously injured in the explosion and the homeowners two dogs died.

Everyone injured is expected to survive.

Officials said residents should handle propane-powered equipment cautiously.

They said any propane equipment should be kept outside the home.

Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Locations

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.