(WFSB) - Cities and towns across the state scheduled events to mark Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The federal holiday marks the civil rights movement leader's birthday and is observed on the third Monday of January each year.
The following events are scheduled in Connecticut:
- Bristol - Carousel Museum, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Hamden - Annual breakfast, Faith Tempmle Revival Center 9 a.m. - noon
- Hartford - Wadsworth Atheneum, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., CT State Capitol Liberty Bell Ringing at noon
- New Britain - Trinity on Main, 10:30 a.m.
- Simsbury - First Church of Christ, 2 p.m.
Lt. Gov. Susan Bysiewicz said she'll be attending ceremonies in Meriden and Hartford on Monday morning.
Sen. Richard Blumenthal said he'll be going to events in Meriden, Hartford, West Hartford and Norwich.