Firefighters battle early morning fire in East Windsor

(MGN photo)

Firefighters quickly knocked a dryer at a home in Middlefield on Sunday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to a structure fire on Louis Avenue at around 2 p.m.

Upon arrival, crews saw smoke coming from the basement of the house. Firefighters determined the fire was caused by a dryer.

The occupants and two cats were removed from the house during a further investigation and ventilation. The home was clear by 3:30 p.m.

Multiple units assisted the Middlefield Volunteer Fire Company, including the Durham Volunteer Fire Company, Westfield Fire Department, South Fire District Firefighters IAFF Local 3918 and the City of Middletown Professional Firefighters Local 1073.

Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Locations

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.