Hamden house fire sends three firefighters to hospital

Firefighters responded to a house fire on Choate Avenue Saturday (Hamden Fire)

Hamden firefighters responded to a house fire Saturday.

Officials were dispatched to 787 Choate Avenue for a reported structure fire at 10:58 a.m.

The fire began in the garage and extended to three sides of the house and the attic.

Multiple engines responded to put out the fire.

Three firefighters were transported to Yale New Haven Hospital after the fire was put under control and treated for burns.

They are expected to be released today.

No occupants of the home were injured.

Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Locations

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.