The nasty weather sparked a small fire at a Coventry home after a lightning bolt nearly hit the home on Thursday afternoon.
The fire was reported on Fieldstone Lane around 4:30 p.m.
The homeowner Tabitha Anagnos said the lightning did not actually hit her home. It hit nearby and flames shot out of outlet.
"I was in my bathroom doing some laundry and as in standing there folding something sparks came flying out of our ply by the sink and lightning crashed all kind of at the same time," Anagnos said. "I left the house with my dogs and was sitting in my car while it was down pouring. "
Fire fighters arrived quickly and doused the smoking electrical outlets.
Authorities said the fire was "very minor" and cleared the scene around 5 p.m.
There was mutual aid from Tolland, University of Connecticut and Mansfield departments.
The power was shut off on Fieldstone Lane and an electrician will make sure its safe to turn the electricity back on.
There were no reported injuries.
Stay updated with Eyewitness News as more information becomes available.
Copyright 2016 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.