HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) - Connecticut is among the most educated states in the country, according to new survey.
The personal finance website WalletHub.com released its report Monday on 2019's most and least educated states in America.
Connecticut ranked 4th.
WalletHub said it compared all 50 states in terms of adults aged 25 and older with at least a high school diploma, average university quality and gender gap in educational attainment.
Connecticut's metrics broke down like this:
- 18th in percentage of high school diploma holders.
- 17th in percentage of Associate's Degree holders or college experienced adults
- 4th in percentage of Bachelor's Degree holders
- 3rd in percentage of graduate or professional degree holders
- 11th in average university quality
The top 3 most educated states were Massachusetts, Maryland and Vermont.
See the rest of the top 10 here.
The least educated states were Louisiana, West Virginia and Mississippi.
Read the complete results of the study on WalletHub's website here.