James Quinn was arrested by police after a threat was made against Dodd Stadium.

James Quinn (Norwich Police Department). 

NORWICH, CT (WFSB) – A game at Dodd Stadium in Norwich was delayed after a bomb threat was made online Friday.

"It was tough getting in the gate the gate didn’t open up until about ten minutes before the first pitch," Michael Homer of Deep River said Friday.

Police said a bomb threat was allegedly made by James Quinn of Waterford who posted the comment in the online section of the New London Day.

According to police, the threat was brought to the attention of the Norwich Police by the Mayor’s Office.

Working in conjunction with Waterford Police Department, Mohegan Sun Tribal Police Department, Norwich Police Detectives were able to locate the subject who posted the initial threat.

Quinn was arrested and charged with first-degree threatening and second-degree breach of peace.

"It’s kind of like a waste of time isn’t it?" Dominic Orsini of East Hampton said. "Come on you can do better than that."

Police said the stadium was methodically searched by police and bomb detection canines, to ensure the safety of all who would be in attendance.

No device was found and the venue was cleared prior to letting attendees onto the property.

The game started following this delay

Police said Quinn was released on a $20,00 non-surety bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwich Superior Court Aug. 29.

Copyright 2019 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.