HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) - Connecticut has one of the highest real estate property taxes in the nation.
WalletHub.com, a personal finance website, released on Tuesday its list of 2021's Property Taxes by State.
On it, Connecticut had the 4th highest.
WalletHub said it compared home and vehicle taxes across the nation.
Here are the metrics that contributed to Connecticut's ranking:
- Real-estate property tax rank: 48th
- Vehicle property tax rank: 47th
- Real-estate tax on median state home value: $5,898
- Real-estate tax on median U.S. home value: $4,658
- Vehicle property tax on best-selling car: $651
Only New Hampshire, Illinois and New Jersey had higher taxes.
The lowest were Hawaii, Alabama and Colorado.
See the complete results of WalletHub's study here.