(WFSB) - Those that planned on taking a hike or even going to the beach today may have to make other arrangements.
CT DEEP has issued a statement saying that the following state parks have closed after their parking lots became filled to its maximum level:
- Bigleow Hollow State Park, Union
- Gardner Lake State Park, Salem
- Millers Pond State Park, Haddam
- Mount Tom State Park, Litchfield
- Powder Hollow State Park, Enfield
- Rocky Neck State Park, East Lyme
- Scantic River State Park, Enfield
- Sherwood Island State Park, Westport
- Silver Sands State Park, Milford
Starting on August 1, all the islands owned by FirstLight Power on Candlewood Lake, including Blueberry, Skeleton, and Skull Islands, as well as two unnamed islands off Dike Point Park, are temporarily closed to the public in an effort to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Check back here for updates on state park closures.