UConn vs. Iona Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament First Round
Friday's contest that pits the UConn Huskies (25-8) against the Iona Gaels (27-7) at MVP Arena has a projected final score of 74-68 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of UConn, who is favored in this matchup by our model. Tipoff is at 4:30 PM ET on March 17.
Based on our computer prediction, Iona is projected to cover the spread (9.5) versus UConn. The two sides are projected to go over the 141.5 total.
UConn vs. Iona Game Info & Odds
- Date: Friday, March 17, 2023
- Time: 4:30 PM ET
- TV: TBS
- Where: Albany, New York
- Venue: MVP Arena
- Line: UConn -9.5
- Point Total: 141.5
- Moneyline (To Win): UConn -450, Iona +340
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
UConn vs. Iona Score Prediction
- Prediction: UConn 74, Iona 68
Spread & Total Prediction for UConn vs. Iona
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU:
UConn is 18-9-0 against the spread, while Iona's ATS record this season is 15-8-0. In terms of hitting the over, games involving the Huskies are 17-10-0 and the Gaels are 11-12-0. The two teams average 154.9 points per game, 13.4 more points than this matchup's total. UConn is 8-2 against the spread and 8-2 overall in its last 10 games, while Iona has gone 7-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
UConn Performance Insights
- The Huskies outscore opponents by 13.5 points per game (scoring 78.5 points per game to rank 31st in college basketball while giving up 65 per outing to rank 41st in college basketball) and have a +443 scoring differential overall.
- UConn wins the rebound battle by 9.7 boards on average. It collects 35.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 13th in college basketball, while its opponents grab 26.2 per outing.
- UConn makes 9 three-pointers per game (34th in college basketball) while shooting 35.7% from beyond the arc (94th in college basketball). It is making 4.1 more threes per outing than its opponents, who drain 4.9 per game while shooting 30%.
- The Huskies' 101 points per 100 possessions on offense rank 19th in college basketball, and the 83.7 points they allow per 100 possessions rank 17th in college basketball.
- UConn and its opponents have been mostly even in the turnover battle. The Huskies commit 12.3 per game (221st in college basketball) and force 12.7 (120th in college basketball action).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.