Red Sox vs. Padres Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 20
Published: May. 20, 2023 at 4:09 PM EDT|Updated: May. 20, 2023 at 10:09 PM EDT
The San Diego Padres hope to end their three-game losing run against the Boston Red Sox (25-20), on Saturday at 10:10 PM ET.
The probable starters are Joe Musgrove (1-1) for the Padres and Chris Sale (3-2) for the Red Sox.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Red Sox vs. Padres Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Time: 10:10 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: San Diego, California
- Venue: PETCO Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Musgrove - SD (1-1, 6.63 ERA) vs Sale - BOS (3-2, 5.40 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Discover More About This Game
|Red Sox Injury Report|
|Padres vs Red Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|Padres vs Red Sox Player Props|
|How to Watch Padres vs Red Sox|
|Padres vs Red Sox Odds|
|Padres vs Red Sox Prediction|
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Chris Sale
- The Red Sox will send Sale (3-2) out to make his ninth start of the season. He is 3-2 with a 5.40 ERA and 54 strikeouts through 43 1/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty's last time out came on Saturday, May 13 against the St. Louis Cardinals, when he threw eight innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing three hits.
- Over eight games this season, the 34-year-old has a 5.40 ERA and 11.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .254 to opposing batters.
- Sale has registered four quality starts this season.
- Sale has pitched five or more innings in a game six times this year entering this matchup.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Padres Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Joe Musgrove
- The Padres' Musgrove (1-1) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Saturday, May 13, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers, giving up four earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 6.63, a 2.38 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.632 in four games this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.