Yankees vs. Orioles Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 24
Harrison Bader brings a two-game homer streak into the New York Yankees' (30-20) game versus the Baltimore Orioles (31-17) at 7:05 PM ET on Wednesday, at Yankee Stadium.
The probable pitchers are Nestor Cortes Jr. (4-2) for the Yankees and Tyler Wells (3-1) for the Orioles.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Yankees vs. Orioles Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: Amazon Prime Video
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Venue: Yankee Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Cortes - NYY (4-2, 5.21 ERA) vs Wells - BAL (3-1, 2.94 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Yankees Injury Report|
|Yankees vs Orioles Betting Trends & Stats|
|Yankees vs Orioles Player Props|
|How to Watch Yankees vs Orioles|
|Yankees vs Orioles Odds|
|Yankees vs Orioles Prediction|
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Nestor Cortes Jr.
- The Yankees will send Cortes (4-2) to the mound for his 10th start this season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs in six innings pitched on Thursday in his last outing, a matchup with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The 28-year-old has pitched to a 5.21 ERA this season with 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.6 walks per nine across nine games.
- He has started nine games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- Cortes has made seven starts of five or more innings in nine chances this season, and averages 5.3 frames when he pitches.
Nestor Cortes Jr. vs. Orioles
- The Orioles rank 13th in MLB with a .252 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks ninth in the league (.425) and 60 home runs.
- The Orioles have gone 4-for-19 with a double and two RBI in one game against the left-hander this season.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Orioles Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tyler Wells
- Wells (3-1 with a 2.94 ERA and 46 strikeouts in 52 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Orioles, his ninth of the season.
- The righty's most recent time out came on Thursday against the Los Angeles Angels, when he went five innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 28-year-old has put up an ERA of 2.94, with 8 strikeouts per nine innings in nine games this season. Opposing hitters have a .168 batting average against him.
- Wells has collected two quality starts this year.
- Wells will try to last five or more innings for his 10th straight appearance. He's averaging 5.8 innings per outing.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 28-year-old's 2.94 ERA ranks 15th, .788 WHIP ranks first, and 8 K/9 ranks 43rd.
Tyler Wells vs. Yankees
- He will take the hill against a Yankees offense that is hitting .238 as a unit (21st in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .421 (11th in the league) with 75 total home runs (fourth in MLB action).
- Wells has pitched six innings, giving up four earned runs on six hits while striking out six against the Yankees this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.