Red Sox vs. Rays Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 5
A pair of MLB's top hitters face off when the Tampa Bay Rays (42-19) and Boston Red Sox (30-29) play at 4:05 PM ET on Monday, at Fenway Park. Yandy Diaz has a .312 batting average (seventh in league) for the Rays, and Masataka Yoshida ranks fifth at .318.
The Rays will give the ball to Shane McClanahan (8-1, 2.07 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 9 on the season, and the Red Sox will counter with Brayan Bello (3-3, 3.89 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Red Sox vs. Rays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, June 5, 2023
- Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV: NESN
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Venue: Fenway Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: McClanahan - TB (8-1, 2.07 ERA) vs Bello - BOS (3-3, 3.89 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Red Sox Injury Report|
|Rays vs Red Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rays vs Red Sox Player Props|
|How to Watch Rays vs Red Sox|
|Rays vs Red Sox Odds|
|Rays vs Red Sox Prediction|
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Brayan Bello
- Bello (3-3) takes the mound first for the Red Sox in his ninth start of the season. He's put together a 3.89 ERA in 39 1/3 innings pitched, with 41 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Tuesday against the Cincinnati Reds, the righty went four innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- The 24-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.89, with 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings in eight games this season. Opponents are batting .280 against him.
- Bello has recorded two quality starts this year.
- Bello has pitched five or more innings in a game five times this season heading into this game.
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Shane McClanahan
- McClanahan (8-1) will take to the mound for the Rays and make his 13th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Chicago Cubs, giving up two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 2.07 ERA this season with 10.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.5 walks per nine across 12 games.
- He has started 12 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in eight of them.
- McClanahan will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 26-year-old ranks second in ERA (2.07), 30th in WHIP (1.148), and 11th in K/9 (10.6).
Shane McClanahan vs. Red Sox
- The Red Sox rank fifth in MLB with a .263 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks fifth in the league (.432) and 65 home runs.
- The left-hander has allowed the Red Sox to go 2-for-17 with an RBI in five innings this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.